Salt therapy has been around for centuries, and it’s not new to people who understand its numerous benefits.
Salt rooms, also known as salt caves, have become increasingly popular as a form of alternative therapy. Bakwena Spa offers this unique treatment, and in this blog post, we will explore what the service entails, its benefits, and what to expect during the treatment.
What is a Salt Room?
A salt room is a space filled with dry Himalaya salt, where it’s inhaled by the patient. Salt therapy is known to be natural and safe, with no side effects. It benefits both adults and children, athletes, and even animals. Salt therapy results in a clean respiratory system, which naturally leads to higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system.
Conditions that Salt Room Therapy Alleviates
Salt room therapy is known to alleviate various respiratory and skin conditions, including:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Colds and Sinusitis
- Sleep Disorders
Benefits of Salt Room Therapy Treatments
Salt therapy has numerous benefits for both the respiratory and immune systems. These benefits include:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Salt therapy helps reduce inflammation in the respiratory system, making it easier to breathe.
- Cleansing and Detoxifying: Salt therapy helps to detoxify the respiratory system and remove toxins that may have accumulated.
- Improves Sleep: Salt therapy helps to improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia.
- Negative Ions: The negative ions released in a salt room help to improve mood and reduce stress.
- Kills Harmful Bacteria: Salt therapy has antimicrobial properties that help to kill harmful bacteria in the respiratory system.
- Natural Disinfectant: Salt therapy is a natural disinfectant that can help to clean and sanitize the respiratory system.
- Increased Energy: Salt therapy can help to increase energy levels, making patients feel more alert and focused.
- Decreased Stress and Anxiety: Salt therapy can help to reduce stress and anxiety levels, promoting a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Increased Blood Circulation: Salt therapy can help to improve blood circulation, which can have numerous health benefits.
- Immune System Boost: Salt therapy helps to boost the immune system, making it more effective in fighting off illness and disease.
- Opens Sinuses: Salt therapy can help to open up sinuses and clear congestion, making it easier to breathe.
- Clears Bronchial Tubes: Salt therapy helps to clear the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of respiratory conditions.
- Decreases Smokers Cough: Salt therapy can help to reduce the severity of smokers’ cough.
Duration of the Salt Room Treatment
The salt room treatment offered by Bakwena Spa takes between 30-45 minutes.
What to Expect During the Salt Room Treatment
Before entering the salt room, patients are required to remove their shoes. We recommend going in barefoot, as the sensation of the salt rocks beneath your bare feet is pleasant and invigorating. Patients are also required to leave their electronic devices behind, which is an excellent opportunity for a mini digital detox.
During the treatment, most people sit quietly and relax or meditate while breathing in the salt-infused air. There may be a peaceful soundtrack playing in the background, much like the soft music or sounds of nature you’d hear during any massage treatment.
In conclusion, salt room therapy is a natural and safe treatment option that offers a wide range of benefits for both physical and mental health. From respiratory conditions to stress and anxiety, this therapy can help alleviate many common ailments and improve overall wellbeing. If you’re looking for a new way to relax and rejuvenate, consider visiting a spa like Bakwena Spa that offers a salt room treatment. With its numerous benefits and minimal side effects, this therapy is definitely worth a try. So take off your shoes, leave your electronics behind, and breathe in the healing powers of the salt-infused air in a salt room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Bakwena Branches Currently Offer a Salt Room?
Our Velmore branch (in Pretoria) has a salt room – see the photos below.